Pages

March 4, 2013

Another Day at Akumal...

I've made it quite obvious that my favorite beach is Akumal. When my Aunt Darlene visited from Nebraska, I insisted that we must make a visit to "my beach." Some say that Disney World is the happiest place on earth, but I consider Akumal to be a pretty good contender for that title.
So, I picked up my aunt and her friend, Delores, from their resort, and we made the quick little 15 minute drive to chill and hang out together while they were in town.
The best part of Akumal is how calm the water is because its protected by a cove. This means that I don't have to worry about Taelyn rushing into 3 foot waves and carried off to sea, never to be seen again. Also, there are also lots of palm trees to provide natural shade so we can play in the sand without having to worry about getting all hot and sunburned.


Sand, palm trees, quiet beach, calm water, turtles...what a great way to spend a Sunday, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment