Pages

May 2, 2013

I Got Poked...

So, I had to go to an acupuncturist a few weeks ago. I think I've mentioned before that Seth and I would like to have another child, but it seems that my body has other plans. Right now, I have a condition called endometriosis. I won't bore you with the details so you can just reference here if you're dying to know whatever it may be. Basically, my body is working against me right now, and it won't allow me to get pregnant until everything naturally flushes itself out. Whenever that may be, I don't know. I'm trying not to let it get me down, but I have to admit sometimes it gets hard. I just trust that God will knows when it is best, and He will make happen what is meant to be when the time is right.

My family doctor recommended I go to an acupuncturist to help jump start my body. Never
been. Don't really know what I think. But, I can say, that I LOVED her office. Does that count?
 I was fascinated by how there was a mixture of Catholicism and Chinese medicine artifacts throughout the room. I know they can work together, but it still seemed interesting to me.


 Who could not think that the melted candle on the wall was the coolest thing ever?



She didn't leave the door open during my session because well, that would have been weird. But the water guy was riding by, and she kept the door open for him to deliver it. I love how the door folds in with a view of the street. It was like you're inside secretly watching everything going on outside. Maybe I was just feeling hobbitish or something.
 I loved this apothecary cabinet. All I kept thinking is where did this woman find all this cool stuff? I have no idea what was in the jars, but I'm guessing the oil cures some rare disease...or pimples. Both equally important.


 Do you see all the window treatments? They were all hand stitched and embroidered. I could never do this in a million years, and I'm horribly jealous of those that can do needle work.

There was a tree just growing in the middle of the house. Believe it or not, that's pretty common in Playa. The city is zoned so that went new construction occurs, the builders can only cut down a certain percentage of trees. So you will see random trees in the middle of streets, buildings, windows, walkways, etc.
I loved the hand painted border that went around the archway and doors. Simple but beautiful.


I had two sessions with the doctor. I go back next month if I still have symptoms of endometriosis. It was interesting to say the least, and at this point, I'm willing to experiment a little bit. The best part was the price. I only had to pay $200 pesos ($16.50 USD) for the first session which covers my needles. Then, the next visit was $150 ($12.50 USD). Of course, that was gringa price because my doctor only had to pay $100 pesos the second visit but what's $50 pesos, really. It's still ridiculously cheaper then the US, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. hi kristen, thank You for sharing your story
    may i please have the acupuncturist address/phone #

    my email is nikiblock@gmail.com

    thank you !
    saludos

    niki

    ReplyDelete