Pages

December 19, 2013

A Time of Cheer...

I just love the Christmas season! Seriously, how can anyone not love it? A lot of people would think its weird since I work in retail that I look forward to that time of year, but its never bothered me. Honestly, I look at any retail person that poo poo's Christmas or complains the whole season as someone who just needs to get out. Seriously. People are happy. Its festive. Lights on houses. Trees to decorate. Yummy cookies to make. Family gatherings. People are just nicer during December. I think they try to be just a wee bit more pleasant to their fellow man. So there you
go. How can you not love Christmas? I mean you don't have to be all Mr and Mrs Clause about it, but enjoying this time of year is kind of easy as far as I'm concerned. And now that Taelyn is almost two years old, she's starting to get it too, and I'm loving it even more!
Taelyn had a special place on the tree that she kept putting all her ornaments. It was hilarious. By the time she was done, there were about 20 ornaments all hanging off the same few limbs.

This little Tinkerbell holds a special place in my heart. I originally bought it years ago when my entire family made the trek to Disney World. When we got home,and I unwrapped the package, one of the wings had broken off. I was heartbroken to say the least. So I had no choice but to plan another trip to Disney World to replace it. Makes perfect sense, right?

My favorite ornament. GOOOOO OU!

I had some crystal that had belonged to my mother-in-law on the buffet already. Then for Christmas, I brought out some simple vases, bulbs, and pine cones to make it more festive. Then Seth brought me home flowers one day so I put them in the middle. Beautiful, huh?
This santa rocks back and forth on a pedestal. And it is by far Taelyn's favorite.
This little tree limb may be my favorite new decoration. The tree limb came from the backyard so that cost nothing. The stars are just scrapbook paper I already had on hand. I went and bought some green and khaki rope and hung it up haphazardly. So simple, but fun!


All the stockings…Seth, Kristen, Taelyn, Shiloh, and Sadie (the dogs, of course).
We went simple this year because when we moved we sold or gave away a lot of our Christmas decor. I have to admit that I had a little bit of a meltdown when we were putting out the stuff because I realized how much we had given away. I know it seems silly, but I really liked my old Christmas stuff and now its gone. I've decided to look at it as a new beginning with new things we collect as a family. Slowly, I'm getting over it. Slowly.

And what Dallas Stars fan would have Christmas without a very special wreath with snowmen wearing  a Stars jersey? My sister gave this to me years ago, and its just freakin' dang cute!

Starting the very next morning, Taelyn began redecorating the tree. Everyday, she'll move the ornaments around to make it just so. See…she's getting into the Christmas spirit already!

No comments:

Post a Comment