Pages

December 27, 2013

Let's Get This Party Started...

My infant girl turned into a toddler on Monday. I know. I know. All mom's say, "I can't believe how big she is" or "where did the time go" or "she's growing so fast!"  Its true though. I was looking through old pictures, and all I could think was how much Taelyn has grown. My baby isn't a baby anymore. She's an honest to God little girl now with her own little
spunky personality to boot. I'm loving see her grow into her own, and everyday's new discovery is just a wonder to watch. See…here I am tearing up just thinking about it.

I started thinking about the party decorations about three months before the party, of course. I wanted fun but not themey. I wanted decorations that I could reuse or maybe use somewhere else in the house…and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. Luckily, we had put a lot of our party supplies on sale at work so I got all the decorations for a steal. The banners I made out of scrapbook paper that I already had on hand. The balloons where just your simple basic balloons and the cake was homemade by my niece, Sabah. But it was the funnest cake ever! Inside were big polka dots to match the outside polka dots. How clever huh?


My favorite picture of the entire night.
Nothing says party like a big handful of cake…or is that just how we roll?

Just your usual rip Daddy's eyeballs off his face fun.

As you can see from the little blurp of my expression, I kinda liked this sweater.
Now she's starting to get this whole unwrap present, get presents thing.


And this may have been Taelyn's favorite toy of the night. She's not big enough to play on it by herself yet, but oh, when she gets there, its gonna be crazy fun!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow you can throw one good bday party! This so pinterest worthy to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing! Would you be interested in writing an article or two for a family travel guide on Cancun and Playa del Carmen?

    I'm the content editor for Vacatia, a vacation rental company. We're developing a series of travel guides with advice on the best activities and dining in popular vacation destinations.

    We'd love to have you as a contributor. Please email me at trevor.cohen@vacatia.com if you're interested.

    Best,

    Trevor

    P.S. Sorry if this is a duplicate comment, not sure if the last one went through.

    ReplyDelete