Pages

May 31, 2012

An Oklahoma State of Mind...

Although I moved away from Oklahoma City to Dallas after college, and I don't really see it as home anymore, it is still comforting to come back to my roots occasionally. My parents and grandparents still live here so of course, my sister and I make the 3 hour trek back every few months to see everyone.

I come from an OU family. I
didn't choose it. It chose me. Everyone in Oklahoma comes from either an OU (University of Oklahoma) or OSU (Oklahoma State University) family. So one does not choose who they will root for during football season. You are born into it, and that's really just the way it is. Occasionally, one will come across a "Home Divided" but that only happens if they decide to marry outside their home team. I not only married outside my OU heritage, but I went all the way and married a UT (University of Texas) man. My family doesn't talk about it. Scandalous, I know! 


Now that you've had your little bit of football education, here are some things I've been up to. Eating. Eating. And...eating! I've consumed my weight in food the past few days, and lovin' every minute of it. I know I'll pay for it later, but I accept it. Shopping. Have to stock up on those non-perishable necessities that I can't find in Mexican grocery stores like Stove Top Stuffing, McCormick's seasoning mixes, Ranch Dressing packages, and American style spices. Scrapbook shopping. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and roamed aisle after aisle of glorious scrapbook supplies. $140 later and I still feel like I need more. Its an addiction I know. "Hello. My name is Kristen, and I'm addicted to scrapbooking."

I'll leave you with some pictures from the Motherland. I have to go eat now! Yum!

Vanilla Dr Pepper from Quik Trip
Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and corn are staples in any southern diet.
The ONLY way to eat them is with white gravy. Any other way is sacrilegious!
TexMex...not to be confused with Mexican Food
Cheese enchiladas with chili con queso and queso topping,
refried beans, rice...and a Sangria Margarita of course!
White chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie...YUMMY




No comments:

Post a Comment