Pages

June 5, 2012

Graduation Time...


 While we were in the United States we went to my niece, Sarah's, high school graduation. This was quite a momentous occasion for everyone and the whole family was looking forward to seeing her walk down the aisle. You see, Sarah was in a horrible accident when she was 2 years old, and we celebrate everyday that she is with us. After multiple surgeries, 6 plates to reconstruct her skull, and endless physical therapy, she was able to relearn how to eat, walk, and talk all over again. Overtime, she was able to attend regular high school classes by herself without an aide, take tests, and participate in a work-study program. She is our own little miracle and ray of sunshine.

Of course, we had a little graduation party with all her friends from HEROES (Helping Everyone Reach Outstanding Educational Success) camp, high school, and
Equest camp. It was a lot of fun, and I have to say she definitely scored on the presents! I scored on the over indulging of Tex-mex food and punch. Yum!
About 10 years ago she started horseback riding as therapy for her motor skill development. Overtime, she became pretty darn good at it, and has even placed at the Special Olympics in Equestrian (English Riding). I have to say its pretty fascinating to see your 100 pound, 4'11" niece riding and controlling a 1000 pound horse with no fear what's so ever.  Needless to say, I think Sarah's pretty darn cool, and I was thrilled to attend her graduation!

3 comments:

  1. Kristen, there is no way I would have been able to pull off that party. Thanks for handling it, prepping all the food, and sending out the e-vites. It will remain a special memory for all of us. By the way, I finished up your spinach dip today. Yum!
    -Your sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! You know I love to plan a party! Seth, Taelyn, and I had a blast!

      Delete
  2. Kristen - You were the key to the whole success of those five days of celebrating Sarah's graduation. As you said Sarah is very special to us and in my eyes so are you. I am so proud of both of you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete