Pages

July 12, 2012

Visit to the Cemetery...

Every time I drive on the highway, I see these large crypts peeking over the wall just begging me to come see them. Now, I'm not much of a "let's go frolic in the graveyard" kind of person, but these gravestones looked so intriguing I couldn't resist. So, I decided to pack up the whole family and take them on a little afternoon drive. I figure if I'm going down, then everyone's going with me. I'm considerate like that.




Wow! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to speak of the dead like this but they were so neat! It was just amazing walking into the cemetery and seeing hundreds of crypts painted bright colors and decorated with personal memorabilia and designs. You could tell that they were maintained on a regular basis by family because they were all clean and had so many personal touches on them. I took a few pictures, but honestly, I just felt like I was imposing so I decided to hold back a bit.






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you did this! I've driven by a few too and they are so beautiful!! I would love to take a walk through one day. So neat to see these pictures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't sure if it was socially acceptable, but our nanny said it was ok so I went for it. The caretakers in the graveyard didn't say anything to us so I'm thinking as long as we were respectful, they were good with it. They are beautiful and there is so much love in them.

      Delete