Pages

January 2, 2014

Light Up My Life...

For years Seth has been talkin', talkin', talkin' about this neighborhood in Plano that does a fantastic light display. After hearing about it all this time, we finally drove over to see what he
was talking about so much…and I do have to say it didn't disappoint. It was pretty dang cool. There is about a 4 block radius that really gets into the holiday spirit it and lights up their house pretty dang well. I'm not ashamed to say I "oohh and ahhh'd" the entire time.
What screams Christmas more than dancing Santas wearing your favorite sports teams?

What's really neat is a nearby church provides horse drawn carriage tours (for a price) throughout the neighborhood so that you really feel like you're in the holiday spirit.

The every required Texas displays because that clearly screams Christmas if you didn't know.


No holiday is excluded in this neighborhood. We saw quite a few Menorah's and Star of David's displayed on houses throughout.  
This guy made his own personalized decorations. Each display depicted a different cartoon or children's movie.  It seriously must have taken him forever to make these.





…And this house is exactly what it appears…completely enveloped in lights from top to bottom. I'll give you my verdict next year on whether I like it or not. I'm going to need a full year to let my eyes recuperate from all the brightness! Sunglasses, anyone?
I liked the whole candy cane tree trunk look. Fun. Simple. Cute.


…And we end this post on my favorite characters of all time. Micky. Minnie, and Pluto. Christmas or no Christmas. How can anyone not smile when they see Micky Mouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment