Pages

June 28, 2012

Chocolates de Francia...

Anyone who knows me is fully aware that I am addicted to chocolate. I don't hide my weakness. In fact, I wear it with honor. A few weeks ago when Seth and I had a date night, we came across the Chocolates de Francia store. Oh, my! My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the
vast selection of chocolates. I literally did an "oohhhh and aahhhh" out loud as I smashed my face up against the glass. It reminded me of the time years ago when I went to Paris with a friend and she thought I was nuts because I spent over $200 on chocolate. She kept saying, "Why don't you just go to the mall in the States and buy some at Godiva. Its the same thing." You must be kidding me, right? Crazy!

Anyway, they had a special deal where you could get 15 pieces for $100 pesos. I, of course, said, "Sign me up!" Then the selection began. It was a slow and agonizing process choosing between which pieces to get. I knew I could come back but at that moment, I felt like this was my one chance to get the best chocolate I've had in years. The best part was the owner. He was just fantastic. You could see the pride he had in his product, and he truly enjoyed how much I was in awe of his work. He gave us a small bag of free chocolates to take home with our purchase. I think he liked me.

When we got home, I begrudgingly shared a piece with both nieces. Seth got a couple too. Then I hid the bag deep in the fridge and only pull it out when no one is around. I don't want to tell too much because Seth actually reads my blog occasionally. I don't want him to know I've been hoarding. Ssshhhh! So here it is, three weeks later, and I've still got a few stashed away. I'm thinking its time to gobble them up and make another trip. Don't you?

1 comment: