Pages

October 14, 2012

Whatcha Been Up To?

Source
Since we've been back, Taelyn has been pretty much angel child. I don't know if she suddenly came into her own or what, but she's just happy, happy, happy all the time and so easy to entertain. The best part, is she's all about entertaining herself. This also means that Mommy has more time to pitter patter around and do all the things she likes to do, but never had time.

I don't know what it is, but maybe I got a little bit of the autumn buzz when I was in Oklahoma. The weather was just starting to transition itself into the next season. The leaves were starting to change colors. The wind was blowing a little bit cooler. Heaters were starting to be turned on. So once I got back, I just suddenly got on this baking kick. I know what your thinking. "But Kristen, you live in a tropical location where it is 87 degrees everyday and 100 trillion % humidity." Yes, you are correct, but that doesn't stop me. Once I get the cooking and baking bug in me, there's no point in trying to fight it. I'm sure you understand. Especially when you
see all the wonderfulness that I've been cooking and baking. Because it is sheer wonderfulness!



I bought a bunch of bananas hoping that Taelyn would eat them, but she wasn't in the mood. So of course, I had no choice but to make banana nut bread. Then I made the mistake of picking up blackberries instead of blueberries at the store because I was in a rush, so then I naturally had to make blackberry bread. Then one night I was playing around online and came across some monster cookies. I just happened to have the best ever monster cookie recipe so I hopped into the kitchen real quick to make them up before Seth asked what I was making this time! I have a problem. I know. "My name is Kristen, and I have a cooking problem."

I had some zucchini that was going to go bad, so I gave into my weakness and made zucchini chips with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. But I think I get to use my "get out of jail free" card because at least I baked them! After the zucchini, I wanted to make something a little different so I made Quiche Lorraine. Of course, I put my own twist on it and put some mushrooms and sausage in it. It was a hit!
Oh, the soups we will make! I have a complete love and adoration for soup. My dad does too so I'm thinking I inherited this trait from him. Quite honestly, it doesn't matter to me what the weather is outside, I can eat soup in 110 or 45 degree weather. Its still the best thing ever. So I've made potato soup, bean soup, two different types of tomato soup, and french onion soup. Yummy! Yummy! The best part is I used my muffin pan to freeze portions of each soup so when I'm in the mood, I can just pop an individual serving out of the freezer to eat. Viola!


With all my extra time I've also had time to get back into my scrapbooking. I'm pretty sure I told you all that I picked up this hobby when Taelyn was born. Before she started crawling and moving so much I had a lot more time to dedicate to cutting paper and making little flowers. However, once she became mobile, it was over. Now, I can work layouts when she's playing, and finally catch up on all the kazillion pictures I took of her and get some pages in the scrapbook.

What about you? Do you find yourself turning into Suzy Homemaker during certain times of the year?


1 comment:

  1. I love those scrapbook pages. Too cute!

    Also, you're baking lots of my favorite things from home. (banana bread and quiche! yum!)

    ReplyDelete