Pages

May 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Sister...

Today is my sister's birthday! I can't express enough how much she means to me. Jennifer is my best friend, my shoulder to lean on, my ear to yap off. I'm lucky because we've always been pretty close even when we were growing up, and I was that annoying little, bratty younger sister. 

I'll never forget the time that she picked me up from school and had a surprise package for me. She had driven all the way across town to pick me up some acid washed Guess overalls for the skating party that I was going to that night! What 16 year old does that for her 12 year old sister? Mine does...and that, people, sums up exactly why
I love her so much. She always worked hard to keep us tight, and for that, I thank her.

Happy Birthday, Jennifer! So glad that I could spend this special day with you! I'd buy you some Guess overalls, but I'm thinking you'd rather I just make dinner.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of us growing up. Please, excuse our attire. It was the 70's and 80's after all!



2 comments:

  1. So cute!

    (acid wash Guess overalls? Oh my.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were pretty hip (if I may continue to date myself). The overalls were actually acid washed on the front and stonewash on the back. Loved them!

      Delete