Pages

July 19, 2013

Bull Horns, Biker Chicks, and Horses...

The end of the parade was a long and LOUD procession of motorcycles. Let me first say that I am not a bike kind of girl. I have only ridden on a motorcycle once and that was when I was maybe 12 years old. That was enough for me. I don't have a problem with them, I'm just a
chicken. With that said, I was completely fascinated and in awe with all the bikes going down the street. And yeah, all those riders looked cool just because they were wearing black and straddling a bike. I'm not ashamed to say it. Nor am I ashamed to say that I will never be as cool and sexy as the biker chicks. My heels go off to you, ladies.

 

Sports bikes and cruisers smooshed in the middle of the Harley's. Yes, the Harley's were cooler.
Sexist disclaimer ahead...I like when the dude is driving and the chick is on the back. I'm aware that its sexist. Its just the way it rolls. There, I said it.  I know you all kinda agree with me, too.

The required 10-gallon cowboy hat. Only in Texas.
This guy was crazy, but I'm still a little jealous of his rebelness (yes, its a word).
Then came the horses.
Even this horse got into the spirit of the holiday. All painted up in stars and stripes.


Then we went home and had a traditional bar-b-que of potato salad and hamburgers.
My niece, Sabah, made this cake. I was quite impressed with her layering technique. Aren't you?

Lemonade with pomegranate ice cubes and blueberries.  Yeah, we're just that dorky.
Taelyn seeing fireworks for the first time. She was quite impressed.
And she decided they looked different from each person's lap. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment